I am a trademark, copyright, and business attorney practicing in the Greater Boston area. My goal is to help businesses, entrepreneurs, artists, and creatives alike spend more time doing the work that matters to them -- building, creating, serving -- by taking some of the headache out of their technical legal issues. I handle trademark, copyright, and trade secret protection, licensing, entity formation, and transactional matters.
I spent the beginning of my law career defending architects and engineers in professional liability lawsuits. To that end, I am familiar with the costs -- financial and otherwise -- of litigation. I found that I preferred to help my clients prevent disputes by reviewing and revising contracts.
I earned my law degree from Northeastern University School of Law, where I had the privilege of completing co-ops with the Cyber Crime and Intellectual Property Unit of the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Massachusetts, the chambers of Former Chief Justice Ireland of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, Donovan Hatem LLP, and Prince Lobel Tye LLP.
When I'm not working, I love spending time with my wife, drawing, running, reading, and playing video games.
- June 8, 2017: co-presented "Intellectual Property Basics: The Lay of the Land for Small Businesses" with Z. Michael Gu to Boston SCORE.
- February 24, 2017: presented "Demystifying Copyright" to AIGA Boston.
- Northeastern University School of Law
- Clark University
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association